[ensembl-dev] Undefined Adaptor Seems to Fail Silently

mp at ebi.ac.uk mp at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jun 1 09:47:15 BST 2012

Hi Kelly,

Your script is working fine in my hands. You can try using the -verbose
option in load_registry_from_db to see if you are having problems with the
registry:

$registry->load_registry_from_db(
    -verbose => 1,
    -host => 'ensembldb.ensembl.org',
    -user => 'anonymous',
    -port => '5306');

or test that you have a valid registry by printing $registry.
Let me know if this helps you to track down the problem.

Also, once you get the genomeDB adaptor, make sure that you use
"Homo_sapiens" as species name.

Cheers,

M;