[ensembl-dev] ortholog vs paralog?

Javier Herrero jherrero at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 20:39:45 BST 2012

Dear Jim

Looking at the description should work as you intend.

Split genes are an exceptional case of paralogues that are not
paralogues. In other words, the tree says they are paralogues, but in
reality they are two halves of the same gene. As such, they aren't
homologues, even if they are in the same tree.

Kind regards

Javier