[ensembl-dev] Missing UniProt ACs for fruitfly?

Gary Bader gary.bader at utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 17 23:03:30 GMT 2012

Hello,
	We use ensembl fruitfly as a basis for our www.genemania.org website and we have noticed that UniProt ACs are missing for fruitfly.

For instance, for gene: Abl (flybase ID: FBgn0000017), the flybase entry at:
http://flybase.org/reports/FBgn0000017.html

has a UniProt AC of P00522 and ID of ABL_DROME
http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/P00522.txt

However, the ensembl gene page (external references section) has the ID ABL_DROME, but is missing the AC P00522:
http://useast.ensembl.org/Drosophila_melanogaster/Gene/Summary?g=FBgn0000017;r=3L:16615461-16641674

If you search for P00522 in ensembl, you just find a genomic alignment (protein alignment feature).

I also get a stacktrace from biomart if I try to select "UniProt/SwissProt Accession" or "UniProt/TrEMBL Accession" as an attribute to get for any set of fly genes.

We have also noticed that almost no uniprot IDs or ACs were present until recent ensembl releases - is this still a work in progress?

Thanks,
Gary

http://baderlab.org
The Donnelly Centre - http://www.thedonnellycentre.utoronto.ca/