[ensembl-dev] same CDS, different exons; was Re: VEP: reporting HGVS identifiers with RefSeq accessions

Amonida Zadissa amonida at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Feb 15 13:43:57 GMT 2012

Hi,

Looking closer at the ENST00000382673 transcript, it seems the
underlying evidence (NM_001006117.2) was wrongly aligned, mainly
because of the high repetative nature of the region. RMBY1D and RMBY1E
genes have very similar structure.

This is an Ensembl annotated transcript and we will remove it in
release e67. It is unfortunately too late to do this in e66 because
e66 will be release in the coming weeks.

Hopefully this explains the situation.

Thanks,
Amonida