[ensembl-dev] VEP version 2.7 performance is pitiful when providing parameters from a config file

Dougherty, Gregory T. Dougherty.Gregory at mayo.edu
Fri Dec 21 16:43:04 GMT 2012

If I use the attached config file with an installation that has the specified cache file, I get a performance of 1 variant / second on a specific vcf file.  If I run the exact same options from the command line, I get 150+ variants / second.

Why does the config file give such horrible performance?
--
Gregory Dougherty
Sr. Analyst/Programmer | Information Technology