[ensembl-dev] Feature request for VEP

Duarte Molha Duarte.Molha at ogt.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 15:19:25 BST 2012

Dear Developers

I was wondering if you have plans to implement a way of pointing to vep.ini files instead of always using the one stored in our VEP cache directory.

I ask this because I have created a vep.ini file with all the configurations I require to run most of my projects, however I would like to either ignore that file or at least specify another vep config file in some situations (especially if running data from another species).

Since all my cache (for all species in under the same cache folder ), when I tell the script to use the cache it always assumes I want to use the vep.ini file on the root of the folder.

Do you guys have anything on the pipeline to address this issue or know of a quick workaround this limitation?

Best regards

Duarte Molha