[ensembl-dev] a question about dN and dS

Yuan Chen yuan at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Aug 30 14:51:05 BST 2012

Dear Michael,
In document, it said "number of nonsynonymous positions for the homology"

Suppose the homology consist of 10 species, is the average number (i.e total number of nonsynonymous changes devided by number of species) or just total number of nonsynonymous positions ?

As the n or s is not a integer, it's a decimal number, so I thought it would be some kind of average number ?

Thanks

yuan