[ensembl-dev] Question about registry data

Marc P. Hoeppner mphoeppner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:05:18 BST 2012

Hi,

I have been using a local install of some of the EnsEMBL databases for a
while now, but am always required to load multiple dbs (including
ensembldb.ensembl.org) - otherwise the registry object will lack
information on e.g. aliases of species names. My question therefore is
where that information is physically stored and what I would have to do
on my end (the local install) to get all that meta data without also
connecting to the official mysql mirror? Is that information perhaps
stored in a SQL table/database?

Kind regards,

Marc