[ensembl-dev] Question Regarding Bio::EnsEMBL::Mapper method fastmap.

Will Chow wc2 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 11:27:11 BST 2012

Hi dev'ers,

Regarding Bio::EnsEMBL::Mapper::fastmap method and its use in the DnaAlignFeatureAdaptor.pm.

from what I gather, the use is to return seq_region_id, start, end, strand information of one coordinate system from information of another coord sys (i.e. project).  However fastmap seems to only return one set of information, as seen in the code.

I was wondering if there are multiple mappings (like the human patches), which set of information (seq_region_id) will be returned?

perhaps I'm missing something else from the code, which explains this, if so perhaps you can point me to this.

much thanks

Will