[ensembl-dev] Attaching BAM sources

Anne Parker ap5 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 09:20:25 BST 2012

Hi Aaron

Which version of Ensembl are you using? I strongly recommend using the latest version and keeping it up-to-date, as we do fix bugs after release.

1. The BAM file we use to test new releases has a tilde in the URL, so this bug has already been dealt with.

2. Object::UserData used to use the call

Bio::DB::Bam->open($url)

at line 123, as per your error message. However this is commented out in the latest version and now calls

Bio::DB::Sam->new( -bam => $url)

This strongly suggests to me that your Ensembl installation is out-of-date.

Cheers

Anne