[ensembl-dev] adding karyotype bands, but API doesn't find them

Jay Humphrey jhumphre at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 19 12:31:52 BST 2012

I have added data in the karyotype table, but the Genome view doesn't
show my bands.  This is for a non-vertebrate in Ensembl Genomes.  The
rendering code loads a Bio::EnsEMBL::DBSQL::KaryotypeBandAdaptor for the
chromosome, then $kba->fetch_all_by_chr_name($chr); returns no bands.  I
have one row in the table, with an arbitrary 'band'='q1', a valid
seq_region_id/start/end, and a 'stain' (color) of 'gvar', the same as
q12 on Human chr Y (colors are defined in conf/ini-files/COLOUR.ini).
What is missing?

--
Jay Humphrey                   Ensembl Genomes Web Developer
EMBL-EBI                       Tel: +44-(0)1223-492682