[ensembl-dev] How to get a tree stable id ?

Matthieu Muffato muffato at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Apr 18 14:40:44 BST 2012

Hi Sébastien

You should call "fetch_all" on the protein tree adaptor. This will give
you an array with all the protein trees.

Initially, all the protein trees were indeed directly connected to what
you call "big_root", but we are now storing there the links between the
trees that are part of a bigger structure ("super-tree"), which defines
old duplications and distant paralogues.

By calling fetch_all_roots() and children(), you go into this internal
hierarchy of trees. fetch_all is the preferred way of getting all the
"normal" trees in one go.

Matthieu

--
Matthieu Muffato, Ph.D.
Ensembl Developer - Comparative Genomics