[ensembl-dev] 3' UTR Genomic coordinates from API

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 23 15:01:15 BST 2011

Hi Afonso,

Sorry for such a long wait for this reply. UTR coordinates are not that easy to extract but I've put together a short script available from https://gist.github.com/1237394 how it's done for a number of example transcripts including those which lack a UTR. You need to take the CDNA coding start & end, convert these to genomic locations, take the transcript start/end and then do some strand detection to see which way you need to shift the coordinates.

Best regards,

Andy