[ensembl-dev] Inserting a new species in Ensembl

Karyn Megy kmegy at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Oct 27 10:57:55 BST 2011

Hi Diogo,

You can find an Ensembl database populated for "Drosophila virilis" on the Ensembl Genomes website
(http://metazoa.ensembl.org/Drosophila_virilis/Info/Index/)

The MySQL dump is here:
ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/metazoa/release-11/mysql/drosophila_virilis_core_11_64_12/

You could use this to make sure your tables are populated properly (or use these files directly). From experience, the meta and analysis_description tables contain lots of information required for proper web display.

Cheers,
Karyn.