[ensembl-dev] Variant Effect predictor error message

Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri ak at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 13:47:33 BST 2011

Hi Mark,

Sorry for not spotting your message until now.

Did you get the Ensembl Core API from the tar archive here?:
http://cvs.sanger.ac.uk/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/ensembl.tar.gz?root=ensembl&only_with_tag=branch-ensembl-64&view=tar
In that case, I don't know why you're seeing this problem unless
you're pointing the VEP at a server with no release 64 database on it.

Alternatively, if you have checked out the API through CVS, I'm
guessing that this is because you have checked out the HEAD revision
of the Ensembl Core API. This revision of the API will currently look
for release 65 databases on the server that you point it at
(ensembldb.ensembl.org, for example), but since these have not been
release yet it will fail to find any. In this case, try checking out
the 'branch-ensembl-64' branch instead.

That's my initial diagnosis.

AKK