[ensembl-dev] Ensembl websites offline for maintenance

Anne Parker ap5 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 11:50:41 BST 2011

Dear all

We would like to remind you that all Sanger-based Ensembl websites and related services will go offline around midday tomorrow, Friday 21st October. This will affect the main Ensembl website, archives, Pre! and beta. Mirror sites (US and Asia) will remain available, but Sanger-dependent services, including BLAST and user accounts, will be disabled.

We hope that the datacentre restart will go smoothly and the sites will be back online by Monday morning at the latest - if you find a site is not working as expected by noon UK time, please let us know so that we can investigate.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Anne

Anne Parker
Ensembl Web Production Manager