[ensembl-dev] Making annotations for data from hg18 or build36

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 14:52:43 GMT 2011

Hi Salih,

What kind of annotations are you looking to do?

You have two options:

1) Use the last Ensembl build to use NCBI36, which was e!54 (you will
need the API from e!54). If you are looking to use the VEP, currently
this isn't straightforward, but I have an experimental cache file
built from NCBI36 coordinates that I could make available to you if
this is your intention and you are willing to be a guinea pig!

2) Convert the coordinates you have to GRCh37 using Ensembl's assembly
mapper tool:

http://www.ensembl.org/tools.html

Hope this helps!

Will McLaren