[ensembl-dev] views on the new schema

Michael Paulini mh6 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 11:04:55 GMT 2011

On 18/11/11 10:42, Andy Yates wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> This is an issue if you're moving schemas from databases where the users are inconsistent. My suggestion would be to make the users consistent (at least in name). There is also a known issue if you move a view from one schema to another e.g. doing a database rename by moving the data files from one directory to another. This should not be a problem if you are using mysqldump to do renames
>
> Andy
If you use mysqldump it dumps the user that created the view into the
create statement of the table (so it creates it with the same user).
Therefore renaming databases on the same server is fine, moving them
between servers potentially not (unless you have the same username set
up on all involved servers).