[ensembl-dev] Accessing a. thaliana data with the Compara API

James Blackshaw jab250 at mrc-mbu.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 17:18:04 GMT 2011

Hi,

I've been trying to access the database fro A. thaliana using the
Compara API, but I can't get it to work using any of:
fetch_by_name_assembly("arabidopsis _thaliana");
fetch_by_registry_name("Arabidopsis thaliana");
fetch_by_taxon_id("3702");

I can see it's possible to compare homology between non-plants and
plants using the website, so I'm wondering why I can't do so with the
API. I can confirm the script works comparing S.cerevisiae and H.
sapiens homologs and S. cerevis and M. musculus ones.
Script is attached.

Regards,
James