[ensembl-dev] retrieval of cosmic variant

Fiona Cunningham fiona at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 16 15:54:10 GMT 2011

Dear Stef,

Many thanks for answering your own question on dev ;-)

Thank you for your suggestions as well to have additional specific
calls for germline and somatic variants. We did consider these of
course but it is more important to maintain backwards compatibility of
the existing methods and so we did not change the functionality of the
current methods. Germline and somatic variation are really very
different biological processes and so we decided it was better not to
confound the two in a 'fetch_all' method either.

I hope you found the documentation on this good enough. Do let us know
if you have any further suggestions.

Best wishes,

Fiona

Fiona Cunningham
Ensembl Coordinator, Ensembl Variation Project Leader.
EMBL-EBI, Genome Campus, Hinxton, UK
www.ensembl.org || www.lrg-sequence.org
fiona at ebi.ac.uk   || t: +44 1223 494612