[ensembl-dev] adding a new specie

Anne Parker ap5 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Nov 8 15:06:40 GMT 2011

On 8 Nov 2011, at 15:02, oreetseng at sanbi.ac.za wrote:

> Hi Anne,
>
> The first part is fixed (search on the front page), i have also added the
> species.ensembl_alias_name value, I still get the same complaint, with the
> specie name not appearing:
>
> "multi is not a valid species name for this instance
> Use of uninitialized value $common in hash element at
> fungi/eg-plugins/common/modules/EnsEMBL/Web/Document/HTML/SpeciesPage.pm
> line 39"

As this is in the EnsemblGenomes plugin, I don't have immediate access to a copy, and don't know what changes the EG team have made. Perhaps you could contact them if the problem persists?

One final thought - if you've changed the database, you need to delete the .db.packed file as well as config.packed when you restart your server.

Cheers

Anne