[ensembl-dev] loading NCBI exon structures into Ensembl

William Spooner whs at eaglegenomics.com
Fri May 27 07:16:40 BST 2011

Hi Reece,

My approach would be to load the entire set of NCBI genes as a separate analysis, perhaps even into a separate satellite core database. If you have the NCBI annotations in gff3 format, then there are Ensembl scripts to load the data. There may be some faffing with assembly exceptions if the NCBI genes do not always follow the reference assembly exactly.

Will