[ensembl-dev] mart_transcript_variation.txt

Stuart Meacham sm766 at cam.ac.uk
Thu May 19 08:52:58 BST 2011

Hi Kiran,

To get the table defs of particular tables so you can recreate them in
MYSQL you need to do something like:

mysqldump -h ensembldb.ensembl.org -P 5306 -uanonymous
--lock-tables=false --no-data homo_sapiens_variation_62_37g
transcript_variation > ./ens_table_defs.sql

mysql -u<dba> -p <database_name> < ./ens_table_defs.sql

depending on the table and species you are interested in, you can do
multiple tables by simply adding them to the list AFTER the database
name. Be aware that the above will drop any tables of the same name
already in your database so as always test on a non-production system.

Hope that's helpful.

Cheers

Stuart