[ensembl-dev] HGMD variations

Pontus Larsson Pontus.Larsson at ebi.ac.uk
Wed May 4 08:08:12 BST 2011

Hi Andrea,

1. This is a production table that was mistakenly included in the dump.
Please see Rhoda and Beth's answers to your original post.

2. I will leave it to Will to answer this fully but I believe this has to do
with the way indels are specified in the VCF file format.

3. Since HGMD do not disclose the alleles of their variations to us, we
cannot merge HGMD variations with co-located variations from dbSNP or any
other source. Thus, these will be listed as co-located (rather than
synonyms) and will not mask or replace dbSNP as the source of the variation.

Hope this helps
/Pontus