[ensembl-dev] Style for dynamically loaded GFF

Ken Youens-Clark kyclark.cshl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:20:09 BST 2011

On Mar 30, 2011, at 2:23 AM, Anne Parker wrote:
> On 29 Mar 2011, at 21:01, Ken Youens-Clark wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to add some style information to a dynamically loaded GFF file, e.g.:
>>
>> 	http://www.gramene.org/Oryza_sativa/Location/View?r=1:3000-18000;contigviewbottom=url:http://brie.cshl.edu/kyc/rice_3514.gff=normal
>>
>> Is it possible for me to add into the "rice_3514.gff" something to have the different features (e.g., "gene," "exon," "match," etc.) drawn differently?  As it is, they all just get grouped as big red blocks.
>
> Hi Ken
>
> At the moment we only support a limited number of styling options, which does not include changing the drawing style. That's something we've been asked about, but our main focus in recent releases has been on supporting additional file formats.
>
> You can see the available options here:
>
> http://www.ensembl.org/info/website/upload/index.html#formats
>
> Cheers
>
> Anne

Anne,

Turns out that your support of other formats is the key!  Using the BED format, I can get it to work by setting itemRgb="On" and indicating RGB values in one of the columns.

	http://www.gramene.org/Oryza_sativa/Location/View?r=1:3000-18000;contigviewbottom=url:http://brie.cshl.edu/kyc/rice_3514-f.bed=normal

ky