[ensembl-dev] core schema pdf

Andrea Edwards edwardsa at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Mar 25 17:00:15 GMT 2011

Hi

Is there a pdf of the ensembl core schema? I can only find one for the
variation schema.

If not, can you advise a quick way to find all of the tables linked to a
specific table. I can do it in sql  but i was wondering if there was any
other way quicker way from ensembl

mysql> select distinct TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS where
COLUMN_NAME IN ('gene_id') and TABLE_SCHEMA = 'homo_sapiens_core_61_37f';
| TABLE_NAME                            |
| alt_allele                            |
| gene                                  |
| gene_attrib                           |
| gene_stable_id                        |
| splicing_event                        |
| transcript                            |
| unconventional_transcript_association |
7 rows in set (0.05 sec)

thanks