[ensembl-dev] get the total length of genomic features

zhihuali lzhtom at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:59:15 GMT 2011

Dear fellow developers,

Recently I met with  a problem where I need to get

the total length of each genomic feature. For example
I'll need to know the total length the 3' UTR region for all

protein-coding genes, total length of  Intron regions
for all protein-coding genes, total length of Repeats ...........

I can get all these regions from
 Ensembl by looping through geneadaptors etc, but a lot of

 the regions will be overlapping and I"ll need to do a lot of

post-processing.

Does any one know about an easy way to get the total length

 of these genomic features through ensembl API?

Thanks a lot!

Zhihua Li