[ensembl-dev] Gene adaptor when the species is unknown]

Michael Schuster michaels at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 13:22:52 BST 2011

On 29 Jun 2011, at 13:13, Susan Fairley wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,
>
> Yes, you do need to specify the database you want to connect to.
>
> It should be the database that the genes are stored in, also
> specifying the dnadb if the sequence is stored elsewhere and you
> want sequences.

In addition, the Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry->get_species_and_object_type()
method allows to resolve an Ensembl stable identifier into the species
name an even object type (i.e. Gene, Transcript), so exactly the
information you need to connect an object adaptor to the correct
database.

http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/Pdoc/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Registry.html#POD24

Best regards,
Michael