[ensembl-dev] suggestion: scale iframe to available height in Perl modules documentation page

Jeff Hussmann jeff.hussmann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:51:21 BST 2011

I spend a lot of time with the Perl API documentation at
http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/Pdoc/ensembl/index.html. The fact that the
vertical height of the main frame in the page is hard-coded to a fixed
number of pixels creates some annoying situations with scroll-bar ranges
getting obscured.

I don't know anything about CSS, but it looks like there is a simple and
browser-independent way to scale the frame's vertical height to the
available browser space - see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/247128/how-to-auto-size-an-iframe. For
personal use, I plugged the the ensembl documentation URL into the
stackoverflow html snippet, and the resulting properly-sized frame is a huge
quality-of-life improvement when browsing the documentation.

I suggest changing the official documentation page along these lines.

 - Jeff