[ensembl-dev] Problem with BioPerl

Vipin Singh ashvip at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 12:52:31 BST 2011

Hi, I am new to BioPerl. I am running a simple  script (see below) on
windows to fetch sequence from swissprot.

*use Bio::Perl;*
*# this script will only work with an internet connection*
*# on the computer it is run on*
*$seq_object = get_sequence('swiss',"ROA1_HUMAN");*
*write_sequence(">roa1.fasta",'fasta',$seq_object);*

the script was given in one of the examples at Bioperl.org.

This is the output I get ... please guide.

Y*our system does not have one of LWP, HTTP::Request::Common, IO::String
installed so the DB retrieval method is not available.*
*Full error message is:*
*
*
* at C:/Perl/site/lib/Bio/Perl.pm line 476*
*        Bio::Perl::get_sequence('swiss', 'ROA1_HUMAN') called at
getseq.plline 4
*

 I have restalled BioPerl several times but to no avail.
Please help.

--
Vipin Singh,
Senior Research Fellow,