[ensembl-dev] changes in get_all_dblinks info

mailsvl at fastmail.fm mailsvl at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 27 15:15:28 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to make the code I have for using the api of v60 to work with
v63 as well and noticed the following:

When getting the dblinks for a gene with "get_all_DBLinks" and selecting
the "MIM_MORBID" entry there seems to be a discrepancy between which
info is stored at which key... For example looking at gene
ENSG00000107485 the fields look like shown below... The info from
"description" field now seems (in v63) to be stored at the "display_id"
key, leaving "description" empty and shortening the string..? Is this
intentional? How can I get to the full MIM description?

version 60
primary_id: 146255
dbname: MIM_MORBID
dbID: 1274781
db_display_name: MIM disease
display_id: #146255
DISEASE

version 63
primary_id: 146255
dbname: MIM_MORBID
dbID: 10253877
db_display_name: MIM disease
display_id:  HYPOPARATHYROIDISM, SENSORINEURAL  [#]

Thanks,
Stef