[ensembl-dev] searchin on ensembl with perl API

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 22:26:43 BST 2011

2011/7/19 Bert Overduin <bert at ebi.ac.uk>:
> We don't use the Perl API for this, but the Lucene search engine
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucene).

Hmmm... then do you provide some way to make this search? I saw a few
perl modules implementing it but I would still require an index.

2011/7/19 Animesh Sharma <sharma.animesh at gmail.com>:
> Hi Carnë,
> Sorry for misunderstanding your question. Coming to you problem, I am
> unaware of API based call, so I go the ugly way of LWP and parsing the html
> file :(
> Regards,
> Animesh

I was trying to avoid such ugly things since I was hoping to get a
reliable application for the rest of the lab but if there's no other
solution... do you already have the code to do this? Or do you mean
that's how you would do it if you had to?

Thanks in advance,
Carnë