[ensembl-dev] searchin on ensembl with perl API

Animesh Sharma sharma.animesh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 19:01:59 BST 2011

Hi Carnë,
I feel most of the useful stuff is mentioned at
http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/core/core_tutorial.html , need to
modify to suit the purpose. Last time I used this approach to get genes in a
region of genome by calling slice via the registry method, something on the
lines:
        my @db_adaptors = @{ $registry->get_all_DBAdaptors() };
        my $slice_adaptor = $registry->get_adaptor( $genome, 'Core', 'Slice'
);
        my $slice = $slice_adaptor->fetch_by_region( 'chromosome', $chr,
$chrs,$chre );
        my @genes = @{ $slice->get_all_Genes() };
Hope this helps,
Regards,