[ensembl-dev] precedence of snp consequences

Andrea Edwards edwardsa at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 10:18:16 GMT 2011

Hi

You replied at the same time as me :)

I was simply trying to look for the 'worst consequence' in the
snp_effect_predictor script to try and mimic the results you could get
from the api with this script. I wasn't trying to find it for any
biological reason - just to get parity between the 2. Though of course
if the perl api has employed some logic on the list of possible
consequences for the transcript in the context of that transcript, i
didn't want to lose that possible enrichment of my data by switching to
the snp_effect_predictor. Naturally you look at the consequences in more
detail manually but, with the number of SNPs in a data set, i considered
any hints in the right direction from a value-added integrator such as
ensembl with lots of knowledge at its fingertips to be worth keeping
hold of.

Cheers