[ensembl-dev] Biomart/martdb down?

Premanand Achuthan premanand.achuthan at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 22 09:12:11 GMT 2011

Hi Steve

Thanks for getting back. You are right, the biomart site is alright now.
But still have issues with mysql server.

xxx at xxx-vm:~$ mysql -uanonymous -hmartdb.ensembl.org -P5316
Your MySQL connection id is 85312
Server version: 5.1.34 Source distribution

mysql> use vega_mart_61;

Database changed
mysql> use ensembl_mart_61;

===
I have waited here for more than 10 minutes, still it doesn't switch.
vega_mart_61 seems to be fine, but not able to use ensembl_mart_61.

Not sure if it has to do with my vms memory. Anyway, I can still go
ahead with the biomart service.

Thanks
Prem