[ensembl-dev] BioMart Variation

Rhoda Kinsella rhoda at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 10:38:28 GMT 2011

Hi John,
If you select the Ensembl variation mart and use the "GENE ASSOCIATED
VARIATION FILTERS" you can upload your list of Ensembl ID's and use
these to filter your query (see figure 1). You can also select the
Ensembl gene mart as a second dataset and use the ID list limit filter
to filter on Ensembl gene IDs. To do this select the Rat variation
mart dataset and select any filters and attributes that you wish to
get from there. Then select the second dataset on the the left panel
(see figure 2) and select the Rat ensembl gene mart dataset and any
filters and attributes that you would like before hitting the result
button. It is not possible to add a gene filter in the "Limit to
variants with these IDs" filter for the variation mart as this is a
SNP centric mart. I can, however add a filter for all Ensembl gene IDs
in the Ensembl gene mart under Filter->GENE->Limit to genes for
release 62. You will then be able to filter on Ensembl Genes via the
second dataset as described above. Please contact me if you require
further assistance with your query.
Regards
Rhoda