[ensembl-dev] rules about use of ensembl servers

Glenn Proctor glenn at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Feb 14 14:50:56 GMT 2011

Hi Andrea

ensembldb.ensembl.org is a public, shared resource and as such we
discourage parallel access to it. If you have a significant amount of
parallel processing to do, I recommend that you download the relevant
database dumps from the Ensembl FTP site, create the databases on your
own local server and run your analyses against that. Apart from
anything else this will probably be much faster in the long run.

Glenn.