[ensembl-dev] ensemblgenomes incorrect fasta for diatoms genomes?

Remo Sanges noncoding at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 18:50:51 GMT 2011

Hi everybody,

I am working on Phaeodactylum tricornutum and Thalassiosira pseudonana genomes using the fasta and the gtf annotations files.

Currently there are some chromosomes missing in the fasta files of the 2 genomes downoloaded today from:

ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/current/protists/fasta/thalassiosira_pseudonana/dna/Thalassiosira_pseudonana.Thaps3.dna.toplevel.fa.gz

and  from:

ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/current/protists/fasta/phaeodactylum_tricornutum/dna/Phaeodactylum_tricornutum.Phatr2.dna.toplevel.fa.gz

For example I cannot find the chromosomes 31, 32 and 33 in the Phaeodactylum tricornutum fasta and the chromosome 11b in the Thalassiosira pseudonana fasta.

These should be the fasta files based on the ensembl code version 60. The fasta files coming from the version 59 resulted correct to me.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Remo