[ensembl-dev] transcript variation effect

Duarte Molha duartemolha at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 16:38:10 GMT 2011

Hello

I apologize if this is a newbie question but I have been working on a script
that calculates the consequences of a variation on each possible transcript
within a gene.
It works fine and I am able to get all possible consequences. Nevertheless I
am finding it hard to to find a way to calculate the new protein sequence
that results form say a non-synonymous coding variation.
I am able to retrieve the translation of the transcript I am interested in
but I did not find a way to get the resulting protein sequence from the
variation I am interested in.

Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction?

Thank you for your help

Best regards

   Duarte Molha

     Duarte Miguel Paulo Molha