[ensembl-dev] versioning of ensembl & biomart

Rhoda Kinsella rhoda at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Dec 13 12:53:12 GMT 2011

Hi Vincent
In your webExample.pl script you are pointing to "http://www.biomart.org/biomart/martservice?
" which should always point to the most recent Ensembl release. As it
has only been a few days since the Ensembl release 65, the www.biomart.org
  central portal has not yet been updated to include the new
databases. I expect that these will be updated some time this week. If
you would like to use the Ensembl release 65 mart databases, you
should set your path to "http://www.ensembl.org/biomart/martservice?"
and then run your query. To obtain various archive releases, first
determine the URL for the archive you wish to access using the
following link:

http://www.ensembl.org/info/website/archives/index.html

If you select Ensembl release 63 from the list on the right hand side
of the screen, and click on the BioMart link at the top of the page
this will bring you to this URL:

http://jun2011.archive.ensembl.org/biomart/martview/

You can use this URL in the webExample.pl script if you modify the URL
to have "/martservice?" at the end of the URL, like this:

http://jun2011.archive.ensembl.org/biomart/martservice?

This will allow you to query the Ensembl release 63 marts. I hope this
helps but please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further
questions.
Regards
Rhoda