[ensembl-dev] Questions about Compara/Hive modules

Javier Herrero jherrero at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Dec 1 18:06:17 GMT 2011

Dear Zhang

As you mention, if the object is a
Bio::EnsEMBL::Compara::Production::DnaFragChunk, Perl should be looking
for the 'dnafrag' method in that module (or one of its parents).

I have noticed that this call is made in a loop. Could you please check
that the $qy_dna_object is always a
Bio::EnsEMBL::Compara::Production::DnaFragChunk object? I am guessing
that in subsequent iterations, the variable is set to something different.

Could also please tell us what version of the API you are using?

Thanks

Javier

On 01/12/11 08:14, Zhang Di wrote:
> Hi,
>

>    I'm running the compara pipeline for 2x alignment (first run
> PairAligner then Chain Net).
>    The raw and chain steps works fine.
>    the pipeline failed at the CreateAlignmentNetsJobs step complaining
> that:
>
>     Job with id=8380 died in status 'RUN' for the following reason:
>     Can't locate object method "dnafrag" via package
>     "Bio::EnsEMBL::Compara::Production::DnaFragChunkSet" at
>     /data/ensembl/ensembl-compara/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Compara/Production/GenomicAlignBlock/CreateAlignmentNetsJobs.pm
>     line 200.
>

>    After some  debug effort (just print "$qy_dna_object";), I found
> that $qy_dna_object is an instance of
> Bio::EnsEMBL::Compara::Production::DnaFragChunk, and this class has
> the method 'dnafrag'.
>
>    I'm not very familiar with perl object-oriented system. why did it
> try to find method 'dnafrag' via
> package Bio::EnsEMBL::Compara::Production::DnaFragChunkSet while the
> data is an instance of DnaFragChunk?
>
> --
> Zhang Di

Javier Herrero, PhD