[ensembl-dev] Check if a gene has a pseudogene

Ryan Giuliany rgiuliany at bccrc.ca
Mon Aug 8 19:40:10 BST 2011

Hi,

I think you're correct. To be more precise:

A gene either is or is not a pseudogene, but in the case where it *is* a pseudogene, in many cases the pseudogene was created via a gene duplication event of another, possibly protein coding, gene.  I suppose my questions would be better worded as "is there any way to check if a gene is a parent of a known pseudogene?".

Ryan