[ensembl-dev] Location view with auto load of remote URL data?

Ken Youens-Clark kyclark.cshl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:22:36 BST 2010

I have a situation where a collaborator would like to make a GFF file of annotations and have their users go directly to a Location view in Gramene with the GFF loaded up as a new track.  Is something like this currently possible with the Ensembl code, e.g., could they generate a URL like so:

	http://www.gramene.org/Oryza_sativa/Location/View?r=1:1-100000;url=http://brie.cshl.edu/kyc/rice_3514.gff

And see that file in the "url" arg (which actually exists and will display just fine if I upload it) automatically fetched and loaded for the user?

--
Ken Youens-Clark
kclark at cshl.edu
Gramene.org Project Manager