[ensembl-dev] archived versions of ensemblgenomes

Paul Kersey pkersey at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Sep 23 15:42:52 BST 2010

PATERSON Trevor wrote:
> OK ta
>
> Will it be 'policy' only to keep a couple of versions live.. Rather than a couple of years as is the case for ensembl itself?

Dear all

This was a thread discussing how long old releases of Ensembl Genomes
remain available on public mysql servers; as Trevor comments, this is
not currently as long as for Ensembl releases.  However, this policy can
be revised if there is sufficient demand.  If anyone has an interest in
using old versions of Ensembl Genomes, please let me know.

best wishes

Paul

--
http://www.ensemblgenomes.org
Extending Ensembl across the taxonomic space.

Dr. Paul Kersey
Team Leader, PANDA Dataflow
EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute    Tel: +44-(0)1223-494601
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton     Fax: +44-(0)1223-494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK                    email: pkersey at ebi.ac.uk