[ensembl-dev] get sequence from different build

Jan-hinnerk Vogel jhv at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Sep 16 15:08:41 BST 2010

Hi,

it's possible; depending on how you get your database adaptor.
Registry.pm
provides different methods for that. You can also get a DBAdaptor
explicitly
and loop trough an array of database names to retrieve different
DBAdaptors.

My choice would be :

my $dba = Bio::EnsEMBL::DBSQL::DBAdaptor->new(
                                               -dbname => $opt{dbname},
                                               -user => $opt{dbuser},
                                               -pass => $opt{dbpass},
                                               -host => $opt{dbhost},
                                               -port => $opt{dbport},
                                              );

... and then stick it in a for loop and loop over the dbnames .......

Cheers,

           Jan-Hinnerk Vogel