[ensembl-dev] Clean disconnection for db

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 10 10:02:06 BST 2010

Both will have the same impact since they loop through all DBAdaptors which are in the registry & issue a disconnect. The only difference is that issuing a

Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry->disconnect_all();

Loops through & disconnecting if the connection was idle.

Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry->clear();

Gets the db_handle() & forces a close on it ignoring what is going on at that point in time (if you were in the middle of a logical call to the DB) and also resets the registry.

The way you load your Registry has no bearing on the disconnect/clear method.

Andy