[ensembl-dev] GRCh37 Fix Patches - Is Base Numbering Affected?

Bio X2Y bio.x2y at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 15:45:56 BST 2010

Hi Bronwen,

Thanks for this, I had incorrectly assumed that the fix had been
incorporated into the main chromosome 9. I see that's not the intention.

When I look at HG79_PATCH in the browser, in the updated region, I see a
number of genes with names like 'ASMPATCH00000000003'.

I can't find these genes in the downloadable cDNA or GTF files - is this
because they are considered provisional in some sense?

Thanks.