[ensembl-dev] gene centred info via slices

Ma, Man Chun John manchunjohn-ma at uiowa.edu
Tue Oct 12 18:07:59 BST 2010

This would probably cause problems for methods that indirectly call
Slice::get_all_Genes (such as Feature::get_all_overlapping_Genes) since
we cannot pass parameters to Slice::get_all_Genes. Even the change to
the code is minimal (from $feature->get_all_overlapping_Genes to
$feature->feature_Slice->get_all_Genes), I cannot estimate the effect on
the memory footprint of the Slice called this way...

Cheers,

John MC Ma
Graduate Assistant
Kwitek Lab