[ensembl-dev] snp consequence prediction - local or remote calls

Andreas Kahari ak at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 16:45:05 GMT 2010

Andrea,

Assuming you're using rhe registry, what does you
load_registry_from_db() call look like?  If it points the registry to a
local database server, then that server will be what's used.

I can think of no reason why any part of the API should start calling
back to ensembldb.ensembl.org for anything once you've pointed it to a
local database installation, and I would be very interested in knowing
what part of the API does so, if it does (because it shouldn't).

Andreas