[ensembl-dev] snp consequence prediction - local or remote calls

Andrea Edwards edwardsa at cs.man.ac.uk
Sun Nov 21 22:38:18 GMT 2010

Hi

If i have a local copy of ensembl called and I am using the variation
api to to predict the consequences of an unknown snp, will those calls
be made locally using my local installation or will they go across the
network to your servers?
I thought they were done locally but someone far more knowledgable than
me the other day said they were handled remotely. I'm positive i tested
this by being disconnected from the network but now I'm doubting myself
and want to be sure so I don't get my ip address blocked!!

thanks